Who Are You Promoting?

I ran across this picture today and I couldn't help but reflect back on the "People's Choice Awards" this past Wednesday night. If you watched the awards then you had the opportunity of watching shameless plug after shameless plug. Maybe that is how every award show is now, I admittedly don't watch very many, but wow! From pizza to makeup, it seemed like everyone was promoting something with every other breath. It felt more like I was watching an infomercial than anything.

However, it did make me ask the question today as this picture made it's way on to my computer screen - Who am I promoting? Is there an obvious "sponsor" of my life? 2 Corinthians 3:2-3 states:

"You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts."
~
As the Apostle Paul was telling the church of God in Corinth, their actions were the greatest "letter" he could ever write. Their obedience to what God had called them to do spoke volumes to those they came into contact with - God was their ultimate sponsor. Yes, I'm sure they had jobs, families, leisure activities - however, none of these defined them as much as Jesus Christ. Would others say that Jesus is the main sponsor of your life? Or does He simply have a small sticker that typically goes unnoticed?
~
I have many endeavors that I am a part of, and I know that it is not wrong for us to be diligent and to promote other things; however, no one should ever be confused as to who our main sponsor is. Review your sticker's today and see who your are truly promoting!

0 comments:

Mission:

1 Life Your Choice exists to help others experience the “abundant life” Christ came to give by focusing one’s Heart, Soul, Mind & Strength.

Get Connected:

Facebook.orangeTwitter.orange RSS.orangelinkedin.orange

Current Book:

Recent Posts:

Join Us: